Information Technology Specialist
Open Date: February 8, 2024
Helios Education Foundation exists to support postsecondary attainment for low-income and under-represented communities in Arizona and Florida. Driven by our fundamental beliefs of Community, Equity, Investment, and Partnership, Helios has invested about $350 million in partnerships and initiatives focused on improving education outcomes in the two states we serve. In order to create those opportunities, the Foundation strategically partners with organizations and institutions to improve student academic preparedness across the education continuum and to foster a high-expectations, college-going culture for all students.
The Foundation views its role as much more than a grant-making organization, but as an actively engaged partner, working in communities across Arizona and Florida contributing its expertise and resources to improve education systems and set more students on a path to completing a postsecondary degree.
The Position (Located in Phoenix, Arizona)
The Information Technology Specialist is part of the Finance & Administration team and is the first point of contact for staff and guests seeking technical assistance. In this role, the position will support and perform tasks associated with the Help desk, audio visual and information technology, as well as assist with the monitoring and maintenance of the Foundation and Helios Education Campus technology systems. This position will provide input and share practical experience/field knowledge with the other technology team members related to network systems and system components including audio visual components. This position provides a high level of customer service while assisting in the seamless use of audio visual and technology throughout the Foundation and Helios Education Campus. This position reports to the Director, Technology.
- Proven excellence in the ability to be organized, systematic, and work well under deadline
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technology issues on hardware, software, and/or databases
- Experience trouble shooting and supporting user issues with typical audio and video system components found in a business enterprise environment
- Knowledge of hardware technology and concepts, including audio visual hardware
- Exceptional customer service providing efficient, precise, and courteous communication with staff, community partners, vendor and/or guests
- Proficient in the use of a variety of software including but not limited to Microsoft Office event management and/or project management software
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Enhanced collaborative work style
- Results-oriented mindset
- Strong alignment with Helios’ culture, norms, behaviors, and beliefs
- Respond to IT/AV support requests as they are made and needed for daily operations and/or for events in conference rooms and larger venues. Serve as the contact with Campus Liaison before events/meetings to allow for sufficient planning
- Troubleshooting day-to-day problems with IT/AV equipment/systems, software, hardware, network systems, telecommunication equipment and fix them in a timely manner
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Prepare manuals, user guides and train users on technology/AV equipment in a timely manner
- Coordinate the set-up, installation and deployment of AV equipment, computers, mobile devices and/or printers
High School Diploma, or G.E.D. and two (2) years of direct technical experience in addition to technical certifications, such as Comp TIA+A certification or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Bachelor’s degree in information systems, business, or similar related field and at least two (2) years direct technical experience, is preferred. Additional technical certifications are highly desirable.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Ms. Noel McClain, Senior Director, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “Information Technology Specialist - Search”); or Helios Education Foundation, 4747 N. 32nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85018. First review of candidates will occur no later than February 26th, 2024. Candidate credentials will be reviewed as they are received. Only candidates selected for an interview for this position will be contacted by the Foundation.
Helios Education Foundation is a diverse and dynamic professional learning organization that values a broad array of backgrounds, knowledge, and expertise. Helios believes that equity is most effectively achieved by teams who are diverse and inclusive, who reflect the communities served, and who are encouraged to generate bold solutions.
Helios Education Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is actively committed to building a diverse staff and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.