Paul J. Luna Honored as 2014 Man of the Year by the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Posted on: March 28, 2014
The Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce honored Paul J. Luna as the 2014 Man of the Year at the 56th Annual Black and White Ball.
"Each of our award recipients has contributed not only to the health and progress of our community, but the overall strength and prosperity of our state," said AZHCC President/CEO Gonzalo A. de la Melena, Jr. "These are people with a stake in the success of Arizona's future, and that's exemplified through their work and community service."
Among the 2014 honorees is Congressman Ed Pastor, winner of the Advocacy Award, and former Pinnacle West Chairman Bill Post, selected to receive the Legacy Award.
"Ed Pastor and Bill Post have left indelible and venerable marks on our community during their long and accomplished careers," said de la Melena, "and we're proud to add them to the long list of Arizona influentials we've honored over the years."
Here's the complete list of AZHCC's 2014 award recipients and links to their online biographies:
- Advocacy Award, U.S. Congressman Ed Pastor
- Legacy Award, Bill Post, former Chairman of the Board and CEO of Pinnacle West Corporation
- Woman of the Year, Annette Musa, Arizona Market President for Comerica Bank, prn.to/1o4uv6r
- Man of the Year, Paul J. Luna, President/CEO, Helios Education Foundation
- Entrepreneur of the Year, Clarence McAllister
- Corporation of the Year Award, CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company
The Black & White Ball is Arizona's longest running formal gala and the Hispanic Chamber's largest annual fundraiser. It honors the achievements of business and community leaders statewide. Nearly 1,100 people attend the event every year. The theme this year is Noche de Garibaldi, a tribute to the history and influence of Mariachi music in Mexico and the United States.
Click here to learn more about the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the 2014 business awards.
Category: Foundation Feature